The Mencap Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 (licence number 020259).
Promoter: Royal Mencap Society, Concordia House, 123 Golden Lane, London EC1Y 0RT
Responsible people: Danielle Williams and Colman Cawe.
Registered Charity Number: 222377 (England and Wales); SC041079 (Scotland)
Registered office address: Mencap, 123 Golden Lane, London, EC1Y 0RT
Terms and Conditions:
- Your purchase of Mencap Lottery entries is from Mencap (“The Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity promotes its lotteries.
- Should a complaint or dispute arise, supporters should refer to the Complaints and Disputes Policy, which is available at www.mencap.org.uk/lottery, or upon request.
- All proceeds from the Lottery go to the Promoter.
- You represent and agree that;
- You are 18 years of age or over.
- You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18.
- You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address, and telephone number, accepting that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- You have not bought or sold a ticket in the street.
- You agree that you are not entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate your representations under paragraphs 4 (a), (b), (c), and (d).
- You accept that the Mencap Lottery is regulated by the Gambling Commission, and that, in certain circumstances, we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your lottery entries.
- The prizes for the Mencap Lottery are: 1st prize £500, 2nd prize 2x £50, plus 5 x £10 and 10 x £5 runner up prizes - every week. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members may purchase up to £10 worth of entries for each draw, and payment must be made in advance.
- The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
- Mencap’s External Lottery Manager (ELM), Starvale, will conduct the weekly lottery draw every Friday at their registered offices. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- The winning numbers will be on the Mencap website, and will be available via the Mencap Lottery Helpline from the following working day. Please telephone 0845 077 0777 (Monday- Friday 9am–5.00pm).
- No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
- Mencap is committed to ensuring that information about responsible gambling and how to access help in respect of problem gambling is readily available. Please refer to our Responsible Gambling Guide which is available via the Mencap website, or request further information via the Mencap Lottery Helpline on 0845 077 0777 or email email@example.com
- Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
- Whilst every effort will be made to contact winners, if we are unable to make contact within 90 days of the draw, excess prize funds will be used to fund Mencap’s vital work.
- The lottery is closed to all Mencap and StarVale staff directly involved in its running.
- The closing date for each entry is every Thursday at 5pm. Late entries will be entered into the next available draw.
- By purchasing an entry, you agree to these terms and conditions. Mencap’s decisions pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be final and binding.
- Only one Marks & Spencer voucher per player. No cash substitute.
- The M&S voucher will be posted to those choosing to pay by direct debit only.