Mencap will only conduct their lottery and raffles with an External Lotteries Manager (ELM) registered with the Gambling Commission.
However, we recognise that there may be times when our supporters who take part in lotteries and raffles may wish to raise concerns about problems they have encountered.
Staff will ensure that supporters are told the correct information of the person to contact in the event of a complaint. All complaints will be brought to the attention of the Individual Giving team.
- Make this Complaints and Disputes Procedure available to a potential or actual customer ("the customer") via Mencap’s website, or upon request.
- Handle all complaints in accordance with this Complaints and Disputes Procedure
- Advise the Gambling Commission on the status of all disputes that are referred to the Promoter (see below).
The below procedure will be initiated after the supporter contacts Mencap’s Supporter Care Team.
1. If you wish to register a complaint or a dispute with us, contact our Supporter Care team on 0845 077 0777, or email email@example.com.
2. Any problems or concerns that are brought to Mencap's attention will be formally recorded within the Lottery or Raffle Complaints Log, initially as an 'incident', for Mencap’s future analysis.
3. We aim to respond as soon as possible, normally within five days. If the investigation of the complaint is likely to take longer than five days, we will contact you to let you know the proposed timescales and next steps.
4. We will contact you to let you know the outcome of your complaint and any actions we have taken as a result of this.
1. If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint, we will escalate the complaint internally to the Head of Direct Marketing, who will liaise with the Director of Fundraising to set out a mutually agreeable resolution.
2. The matter will be escalated to a 'dispute', if applicable.
3. You will be sent an acknowledgement of the escalation of your complaint in writing within 48 hours of us receiving it, and an investigation of your complaint will then begin.
4. Every effort will be made to complete this investigation within seven days of receipt.
5. We will then contact you with our findings, recommendations, and proposed actions.
1. If you are still not satisfied, we will escalate the matter further to the The Fundraising Regulator.
2. The Fundraising Regulator will consider your complaint in light of the Fundraising Promise and the Institute of Fundraising's codes of fundraising practice.
3. The conclusions drawn by The Fundraising Regulator are final.
4. A copy of each decision or a note of the outcome of, each dispute referred to The Fundraising Regulator will be provided to the Gambling Commission quarterly by Mencap.